Our parent organization, the Business Ecology Initiative, just announced the addition of Peter Fingar, Author and Business-Technology Advisor, to the Optimization for Innovation: Reset conference program. Fingar’s keynote is Business Innovation in the Cloud:
Shift happens. The unexpected matters. Right now, there's something in the air, something really big. It's so big that to many it's hidden in plain sight. We are witnessing a seismic shift in information technology, the kind that comes around every decade or so, and it will have a huge impact on business, especially in today's volatile economy and world of exponential change. It's called "the Cloud," a 21st century business platform built on cloud computing technologies.
In this keynote, Peter takes us on a fascinating journey to explore what the Cloud portends for business. In the past, IT was about productivity; now in the Cloud it's about collaboration, a shared information base, and collective intelligence. The "wow" isn't about on-demand IT, it's about on-demand business innovation. Buckle up and get ready to win in this brave new world. You don't want to miss Peter's fast-paced and insightful talk.
- Gain a fresh perspective on Change, Inc., that is, the current shift from linear change to a world of exponential change where we're completely unprepared because we have no prior frame of reference.
- Understand the shift from Information Technology (IT) to Business Technology (BT) enabled by SOA and Web 2.0, especially with the advent of Social Media.
- Learn how work works in the Cloud with Business Process Management (BPM) powering the new Business Network, the new Business Operations Platform, the new Business Operating System.
- Explore innovation's child, that is, outside-in customer-driven innovation and why BPM in multi-company business networks is needed in order to execute on innovation and to become a serial innovator.
- Come to grips with the "end of management," as we know it, and the move from command-and-control to connect-and-collaborate management with transparency being the invisible hand of management control. We'll also explore the new leadership needed in the fast paced world of total global competition.
Learn about the Optimization for Innovation: Reset conference here.